Monday, September 24, 2012

Forever an Otaku?

This blog entry is dedicated to my niece (I'm not gonna mention her name, for she is very famous--LOL just kidding). She's the reason why I have to put up my energy doing this even though I am only allowed to use 10% of my energy in a day. LOL moving on.

As of today, I am an overly obsess fan of anime and japanese pop culture. And I had to admit, sometimes I am being scolded of being one.


Question! Do I regret of being an Otaku?

No. I love this hobby and it doesn't mean my whole life is going to revolve around anime alone. I also have my life and career. I am not a NEET, I am an educated person with professional license (I guess, I didn't have to say the last sentence..haha)

The next question is.. Is this forever?

Even I, myself, don't know the answer to that. Being an otaku is a passion and a hobby, it is my greatest escape when I am depress or my ego is in its limit. It is rather a positive reinforcement and coping mechanism whenever I encounter difficulty and stress in my life.

I think if I'm gonna quit these stuff that I love, I'm going insane. I mean, I've been an otaku since I was six and I can say that it is in my blood, as long as there's an otaku blood flowing through my veins, there's no stopping me of being one.


Scenario~
otakunerd (me) vs parents

otakunerd: Hey dad, I'm going to some animecon this weekend. Don't cook lunch for me okay?

parents: WHAT?! THERE YOU GO AGAIN! ATTENDING IN SOME USELESS CONVENTIONS..YOU'RE ONLY WASTING YOUR MONEY
otakunerd: *straight face* (in my mind) I'm going to attend that con anyway.



After the con~

me: I'm so exhausted! I wanna sleep..
*parents noticed a bag full of souvenirs/merchandise*
me: *quickly run up to the stairs*
parents: *I'm watching you* 

The next day~
parents: *looks at my bookshelf, they know something's added which is creepy*

It's making me sad when I think of my otaku days will be over, IF it will. I know when someone's getting older, their interests change. And it scares me, so many what if (damn you, my beloved niece..you're giving me foreseeable problem haha jk).


Former otakus might answer why they quit/ stop being an otaku. Right now, I am happy doing stuffs that I love, I am sill enjoying these little things while it lasts. Let's see my answer in the near future, don't worry I'll update this blog...haha


Being an otaku is a choice, It's up to you on how you handle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment